Criteria for St. Margaret Foundation Grant Requests:
The mission of St. Margaret Foundation is to be a valued source of support for UPMC St. Margaret and the health and wellness of the communities it serves.
- Fundable programs will focus on filling in the gaps in areas of:
- Patient access
- Patient education
- Patient experience
- Funded programs will be congruous with fundraising initiatives. The funded programs will also be something for which St. Margaret Foundation can fundraise thus communicating a unified message.
- Programs will be clearly outside of what the general public may feel a profitable health system would provide.
- Programs will be in line with the hospital's strategic initiatives
- Programs should bring awareness and brand equity to the Foundation whereby grant seekers present strategies to heighten this to gain further donor support.
- Programs should produce measurable outcomes.
- Programs will be rated on each of the above initiatives on a scale of 1 to 5.
- Grant periods will be for one year and not over multiple years.
Community Organizations Submitting a Grant Request:
St. Margaret Foundation utilizes the Common Grant Application format for proposals.
Download the Common Grant Application
Manager of Partnership Giving
St. Margaret Foundation
815 Freeport Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15215
UPMC St. Margaret Entities Submitting a Grant
1. The due date for grant requests is March 1st.
2. Hospital applicants must submit a UPMC St. Margaret Grant Request Cover Sheet along with a Common Grant Application. Hospital Applicants applying for grants need NOT include the following from the Common Grant Application because we already have the information on file:
- A Common Grant Application Cover Sheet as you will use the link above.
- Any information under Section "D number 1" - Organizational Information. (Be sure to include number 2 - Purpose of grant).
- Any of the Attachments under Section "E" with the exception of the "Program Budget.
3. Checklist of what you WILL cover in the application are:
- Complete a UPMC St. Margaret Grant Request Cover Sheet
- An Executive Summary of the project/program/scope of need.
- Purpose of the Grant – must include:
- Problem and Need – measurable data is helpful
- Program/Project Goal
- Program/Project Design
- Sustainability – how do you sustain the project after the funds are used.
- Timetable of implementation if applicable.
- Method of Evaluation – must include:
- Projected Measurable outcomes
- Metric of measure - Describe your plan to document and measure results.
- Budget – must include:
- Budget Narrative
- Assumptions on which the budget was based
- An itemized budget
- Budget supporting documents – receipts, purchase orders, estimates (examples are in the Common Grant Application)
The Foundation does not support the following:
•organizations without IRS tax-exempt status
•organizations outside of the communities that UPMC St. Margaret reaches
•programs without a healthcare component
•operating deficits or retirement of debt
If you receive a grant from St. Margaret Foundation a report is due by April 1st of the following year. When reporting on a grant, please use this Common Report Format as a guide.
2015 PIHL Fall Face-Off Varsity
Benefitting Patients served by St. Margaret Foundation
September 14-22, 2015
Click Here for Sponorship Opportunities!
The 2015 Fall Face-Off Hockey Tournament will be held at BladeRunners Ice Complex, Harmarville from September 14th - 22nd. Sixteen high school hockey teams will compete to raise funds that support the patients of St. Margaret Hospital. This annual tournament is executed by the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Hockey League. For questions, please call (412) 784-4215.
Click here for the 2015 St. Margaret Foundation Fall Face Off Tournament schedule.
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Burke & Bradley Orthopedics- Thank you to Drs. Bradley, Burke and Mauro!
Click on the logo to visit Burke & Bradley Orthopedics' webpage
Click Here to see a short video on how your participation makes a difference!
|EMPLOYEE PORTAL||SPONSOR||RACE INFORMATION|
|FUNDRAISE||RACE RESULTS||BRIAN DEMCHAK|
Thank You to everyone who supported the 2018 Brian Demchak Hope Run/Walk 5K!
SAVE THE DATE! The 2019 Brian Demchak Hope Run/Walk 5K will be hosted Sunday, May 18th!